Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Should I? Or should I not?

Yes, I am house and dog sitting at the moment.
But that doesn't mean I should be doing this for everyone, does it?

However, if I were to be able to house and dog sit for this person, why can't I do it for the other?
If one needs help, the other shall be needing the equal relief too, ain't it?
Considering both are living at the same suburb and somehow in a similar circumstance....

Question is, do I really enjoy doing it?
Even if I am/ain't enjoying it, does that really matter?

No, there's no salary or pocket money doing it.
Because helping people is all about making people happy, and I do feel happy myself when I've done something nice and made someone happy~!
Of course, I am sincere when I said "yes I'ma helpin you" AND abstain from doin any complains.
Well, sometimes we just deserve a corner to do some whinings to our dear ones, don't we?

Right, so should I? or should I not?
I reckon I should help another friend (from work) to house and dog sit again for one month starting mid of August.
Yes, again. *fainted*

But why am I hesitating??
Well that's because,
1. I need to find a room to move into because I'm gonna be kicked out from my current house soon~!
2. Erm....helping people is great, but I can feel a little isolated and lonely on some nights...living in a huge house all by myself....and with dog(s).
3. Petrol is getting expensive, and I ain't that dumb to waste money on the unnecessaries when I've just gotten myself into a state of poverty, hey? Although I know...money is not everything...
4. One thing I realized so far is that I'm really bad at road directions and I've wasted heaps of time and petrol on the road previously....just because I sucked in land-marking the route I was headin to and lazy to look at Melway~ *sigh*

Advantages?
1. I get to practise driving, an excuse to get my ass off the ground....
2. I'm doing another good deed and she can happily go for holidays with her hubby~!!
3. I feel more independent I guess.....versus lonely?? - lame excuse.

Back to square one, should I? or should I not?

Damn....I hate decisions making and the sense of guilts.

5 comments:

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine said...

poor bee, facing dilemma pulak..

Helping ppl is good but not at the expense of ur convenience/time/feelings I would say...YOU are important to YOU too ;)

Do what your heart tells you but also weigh out the pros and cons..haha I'm sure you don't want to feel ter-paksa and get all down

If you ended up house and dog sitting, it's an opportunity for you to spend curled up on the sofa with Leona Lewis playing in the background..hehe since you are going to do it, might as well enjoy it ya

*MUAX

mELbiEpiE said...

Hmm...I do feel bad if I don't help my other friend...yet I think I needa be looking for a room to move into with my cousin coz I can't let her do all the work too...hehe...

Obviously I've listed out more cons than pros, but my guilt is eating me from within~!!! =S

HEhe...I've been curling up on the sofa some nights with Leona Lewis playing in the background...having dinner in front of the tele...*wink wink*

It ain't bad at all, for short term...just that I'm not sure if I should take up another new responsibility to look after another friend's house and dog for one more month???? That's crackin my head thinkin bout it~

*mUackS*

Anonymous said...

look at the points tat u hv listed down...disadvantages & advantages..dont ya thing disadvantages point won over...so..`should not`

tango said...

I guess the answer is very obvious now when you started to list down the pros and cons of helping people.

If you feel comfortable helping people, you definitely won't consider the pros and cons.

Right?

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely help another without helping himself."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson