Monday, June 23, 2008

Gratitude.................

"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." ~ Epictetus ~

There are many people in my life whom I do appreciate from the bottom of my heart, in which I haven't put into words or action before, that I think is sage to voice them now rather than later.....or never.

I have my once completed wonderful happy family to feel extremely grateful for.
Yet, I am still blessed to have my current beloved family to love, care and be there for.


I considered myself most lucky to have a few wonderful friends, whom I regard as those who really stood me up when I fell. Those,
Who believed in me when I have ceased to believe in myself.
Who was there for me when she could have been in somewhere else.
Who knows all about me more than myself, and still accept me for who I am anyway.

Shu-Yin,
Thanks for being my best friend and having me as your best friend. The love, the trust and the loyalty of our friendship really meant alot to me. One, which I will hold on to till the end of my life. Best friends are never apart, maybe in distance but not in heart. All that you've done for me, I appreciate them from the bottom of my heart. I miss you and I love you very much.

Soo Huey,
I want you to know how amazing you are. Although I may not fully understand you, but I will always love you for who you are and care for what you do. You are one of a kind who would rush to the friend in need regardless of the work load and any excuses. Thanks for being there for me in melbourne when I was really lost, driving me around to settle my work stuff and making me yummy dimsum early in the morning. I really do appreciate and you know I'm always here for you whenever. Your friendship is a special gift, generously given, happily accepted, deeply appreciated.

Mei Ying,
There's always the memory of when we were sitting together in form 4 & form 5, where we shared all our favourite song lirics and movies..."Keigo" and as we age, there's no more such thing as "Li Hom". Singing together when Puan Chen was busy chalking about addmaths......Essential is the annual catch up, for all-in-one updates. Beautiful friendship is seen through the heart, not through the eye.

Peen Peen, Phaik See, Karen,
A friendship is genuine when two friends can enjoy each others company without speaking a word. Once a good friend, forever a good friend. Just want you guys to know that you always have a place in my heart, and I'll be here for you whenever or wherever just as you would for me.

"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart" - Elizabeth Foley


2 comments:

Catherine said...

Haha school years were the best huh..I'm glad we are still so close after all these years...priceless!

Yeah, I won't miss that once-a-yr-catch up for anything, bee dear..coz otherwise we don't see each other at all liao! But you are definitely alwiz in my heart :D

*a big MUAXZ for you!

mELbiEpiE said...

*biG hUgz to MYing* Let's stay the same~!!!! =D